Sunday, September 24, 2006

Narrowing Interests

I was called an "English major in the closet" last night.

I've heard myself say "I am interested in just about any subject you throw at me" multiple times throughout the week to other grad students and professors.

This is bad. Really bad. Well, not really.

I like being interested in just about anything. I like the idea of trying to be aware, knowledgeable, well-informed and well rounded. However, PhD theses are not meant to be broad! Damn... I was hoping I could do mine on the sociological implications that quantum information and CP violation have in literature circles. :-)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

me confused... i did understand the part of u being inside the english closet haha. I don't think is bad to have a lot of knowledge (however that's spelled =D)

2:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home