Thursday, November 16, 2006

Long Time No Post

Ten days without a post! Yes, things have been a bit busy, but mostly I just haven't had anything to talk about. No more. I am in the process of writing an essay of sorts about the way physics is taught in the US. Mostly to take some frustration out, but I think that there are some things we can do better. Stay tuned for that.

On a different note, I taught my last lab on tuesday. This term went well as far as that goes. The kids did well. Most of them seem to have learned a thing or two about a thing or two. They also gave me an ego massage in my "course evaluation". I love to teach. Hearing "oh that makes sense!" after guiding someone to an "answer" through a series of questions is one of the most gratifying feelings ever.

Now that teaching is done, I look forward to solely focusing on learning things for the next six weeks. Well... after this weekend's grading. Woot!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

grrr my comment got erased... friggin A... anywho, im glad you like teaching =) and also, good luck with your crazy life and the learning too... ego massages rock! i got one today =) my wr teacher said the opening parapgraph of my essay was really good, in front of the whole class... =D yay!!

6:47 PM  
Blogger rz said...

awesome...

corcha =P

7:03 PM  
Blogger Da! said...

ego massage... man congrats, i could never teach, not if there aare students like me in this world

6:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home