Saturday, November 18, 2006

Paid to get book

The seller's name should remain undisclosed. However, if you think of online booksellers named similarly to rivers in Brazil you are on the right track.

Over the summer I was buying a book for $15. As I was checking out I noticed that there was an offer to get an $25 discount by signing up for a credit card and putting an order for over a certain amount on it (let's say $50). So, I went ahead and found another book I wanted making my order well over $50 and got the credit card. Figured it was a good deal and I'd just have to look out for the bill and pay for it later. I play games with credit cards all the time so it was no big deal.

My $15 book came in the mail, but the more expensive book was apparently out of print and the bookseller was having a hard time finding it. After a couple of months they finally canceled my order and told me they'd refund the cost of the book to my credit card. I figured they'd take into account the discount and that I'd have to pay the $15 for my other book. However, today I just got a check for $10 in the mail. Ha! I effectively just got a book + $10 courtesy of this bookseller. Thank you very much.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

whoho... im goin to buy books from a web bookstore named like a river in brazil... yay! i want 10 dollars =P

3:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That ain't bad. That ain't bad at all. -Sha

10:16 PM  
Blogger Da! said...

i feel so great about living in a place where with 15$ u can buy about 8 books or more... no need of the 10$check, although a good way to keep cutomers

7:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home