Monday, December 11, 2006

Machine News Reading

Interesting read from the Times Online. It seems that computers are going to be reading the news for bank and hedge fund managers so that they can spend their times on other more important matters. At this rate, we will end up with computers doing all our work which reminds me of the following joke.

A very wealthy US businessman is visiting the south of Bolivia when he sees a native farmer just sitting under the sun taking a nap while his field is completely empty and not being cropped.

"Why don't you get to work and plant in your field?" asks the businessman.

"And why would I want to do that, sir?"

"So that afterwards you can go into town and sell your product and make some money."

"And why would I want to do that, sir?"

"So that you can start saving and maybe in a couple of years buy a tractor and bring your production rate up."

"And why would I want to do that, sir?"

"So that eventually you can buy another field and a truck and you can develop a whole corporation based on your product."

"And why would I want to do that, sir?"

"So that afterwards you can start exporting your product and have thousands of employees worldwide. You could be on top of the world!"

"And why would I want to do that, sir?"

"So that afterwards you can just sit under the sun and enjoy life"

"And what do you think I'm doing right now sir?"

2 Comments:

Blogger Sharon said...

Haha.. I really like that. I'm going to archive it for future use!

5:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In spanish is so, oh so much better, i put that joke on my myspace way before this too.. that is such a good joke =)
y que crees q estoy haciendops cawallero?

6:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home